Serenity Family Dentistry – Veneers
At Serenity Family Dentistry in Charlotte, we love to see your smile. And we proudly offer many dental cosmetic services to help you with your smile. If you think that a few minor changes can help your smile, then let’s talk. During your next visit, we can work with you on reshaping or contouring your current smile.
If you have cracked teeth, chipped teeth, gaps or teeth that are not shaped quite right, we can work to correct those little flaws with veneers. We offer both porcelain and composite veneers.
Dental veneers are a finishing touch to cosmetic work and are made of either hardened resin or porcelain. These little pieces round out and fill in the gaps giving you’re a well-balanced tooth appearance. Once the tooth has been prepped and reshaped, the veneers are mounted directly onto the tooth.
Your dentist will be happy to help you choose which type of veneer works best for you.
- Are highly durable while attractive. They can last for many years.
- They have a natural resemblance to real teeth coloring and shading
- Porcelain veneers resist staining and fading
- They require little tooth removal to house the veneer
- Porcelain veneers are crafted in a lab
- Composite veneers are made by hardening a resin.
- They can be formed directly onto the tooth in an office visit
- Composite veneers can be repaired if damaged.
- They are also more affordable over porcelain veneers.
What Can I Expect During My Office Visit?
Your dentist will evaluate your teeth and determine if they are healthy enough to have veneer work. She will make sure the teeth are strong enough and have a stable bite. She will also examine your teeth for cracks and misalignment.
Then you and she will work together to design your smile. Be clear in what you are looking to accomplish and how you want your smile to look.
For a porcelain veneer, expect to have a mold impression done to be used in forming your dental veneers. Since porcelain veneers are created in labs, you will need to schedule a follow-up visit to fit the veneers.
Maintain your veneers with proper dental hygiene and regular office visits. Avoid eating hard candy, ice or sticky foods.
At Serenity Family Dentistry in Charlotte, we are creating beautiful smiles with a gentle touch.